|| > > Handling Precautions
|Before using the knife for the first time
* Wash the knife with kitchen detergent before using.
Precautions for Usage
* Some products have incredibly sharp edges (tip and blade edge), and to prevent injury please do not point the tip or edge towards people, or drop the knife.
* Please take care not to drop the knife into the kitchen sink or on the floor, as strong impacts may cause blade chipping or snapping.
* To prevent injury, keep the knife away from children. Furthermore, make sure children are watched when they are using the knife.
* Do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking.
To prevent blade snapping, chipping and nicks
* Never cut frozen foods or ice.
Make sure frozen foods are fully thawed before using the knife, because cutting frozen foods while they are still in a frozen state may cause chipping, snapping of the blade or distortion.
* Do not use the knife to cut very hard objects such as fish bone and animal bones.
Never cut big and hard bones (fish, pork, beef, etc.) or hardened mochi(Japanese steamed rice cake). Such a use may cause chipping, snapping of the blade or distortion.
For cutting bones of relatively small to medium-sized fish, place your hand on the back of the knife and press down on the bone instead of moving the knife back and forth.
* Do not put unnecessary pressure on the knife blade or chop with the knife.
Such a use may cause chipping, snapping of the blade, distortion, damage to the blade tip or bend of the knife, and may bring about serious accidents or injury.
* Do not knead with the knife.
Do not knead the knife from left to right when cutting hard vegetables (pumpkins, watermelons etc). Such a use may cause chipping, snapping of the blade or distortion.
* Make sure the blade/knife does not come into contact with anything hard.
In case of using a cutting board, please use a wooden or plastic type of cutting board.
Do not hit hard objects such as metal, ceramics or glass with the knife, and do not drop it on the floor.
Do not store the knife in a drawer or other places where it will come in contact with other crockery or knives.
* Other precautions
Use the knife only for cutting foodstuffs, and do not use it for tearing pull tops of cans or for removing bottle tops.
Do not scorch the knife or purposely expose it to heat. If exposed to heat, the knife may lose its hardness and its edge will lose its keenness.
The stainless steel passes electricity, so in order to prevent electric shock, do not use the knife near electronic devices and products.
Please be aware that scrubbing the knife with steel wool or scouring cleansers may cause scratching on the knife surface.
For disposing of the knife, wrap the blade and blade edge to avoid the possible injury by the knife, and dispose of it as a non-combustible (dangerous) material in accordance with local waste disposal regulations.
* To prevent rusting
After usage, remove thoroughly all impurities from the knife and wipe it with a dry cloth before storing. In particular, if the knife was used to cut food with a high salt or acid content (like citrus fruits, pickles, etc.), the knife will rust or discolor if it is not cleaned, so please wash off any food or residue from the knife and completely wipe the knife immediately after use.
Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher or dryer as the detergent may cause the rust on the knife.
Do not leave the knife in bowls, vats or tubs of hot or cold water.
Do not leave the knife in contact with metal products such as steel wool or steel knives for a long time. It may cause secondary rusting.